Re: B-GRK Q? Black 1988

From: Philip L. Graber (pgraber@emory.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 1995 - 11:19:36 EDT

On Tue, 12 Sep 1995, Tim McLay wrote:

> There are two works which are somewhat comparable in Hebrew. I forget the
> name of one. The other emerged from an SBL seminar: W. Bodine, ed.
> Linguistics and Biblical Hebrew. Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns, 1992. This
> one at least is not really at the same level of Black's, and I would say
> that there is a market for something comparable. In fact I would say that
> both the introductory and advanced level of such a work is BEGGING to be
> written.

I don't know where he is now, but Bob Bergen has written some things on
"Linguistic Criticism" of the OT. He did his Ph.D. at Southwestern
Baptist in Fort Worth, and was influenced by Bob Longacre in his use of
linguistics.

Philip Graber Graduate Division of Religion
Graduate Student in New Testament 211 Bishops Hall, Emory University
pgraber@emory.edu Atlanta, GA 30322 USA