Synoptic Problem exegesis resources requested

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 1995 - 17:04:45 EDT

  I am working on a class assignment to compare the narrative of John
the Baptist from Mark 1 with its parallels in Matt and Luke, particularly
looking at how this comparison works out under both Markan priority and
Griesbach. I'm not sure if I should be looking at commentaries for this
and if so, which commentaries (to avoid saying which ones, which I think
is a grammatical problem, even if it is common), or if I should be looking
at works on the Synoptic problem. I have a couple of books on the latter,
one a defense of Griesbach and the other an argument for a third alterna-
tive with less literary dependence. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Since
this is slightly off-topic, please feel free to send replies to me
privately at kenneth@sybase.com (which I can then pass on to my fellow
doctoral comrade at GTU who is part of this list). Thanks in advance.

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA