Re: Style analysis

From: David Moore (dvdmoore@dcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us)
Date: Wed Sep 13 1995 - 16:55:32 EDT

Mark O'Brien <Mark_O'Brien@dts.edu> wrote:

>As part of a project to possibly propose a consistent method for evaluating
>internal support for textual variants, I am interested in finding out a little
>more about analyzing the style of the various NT writings. To be specific, what
>criterion are used when evaluating the style of NT Greek? Any pointers would be
>greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

        A book that you might want to look at, Mark, is the fourth volume
of the Moulton grammar, _Style_, by Nigel Turner. It was first published
in 1976, so it's probably not the most recent info available. But it does
focus on some of the matters you mention above.

David L. Moore Southeastern Spanish District
Miami, Florida of the Assemblies of God
dvdmoore@dcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us Department of Education