Re: Off topic: Rise and persistence of Form criticism

From: WINBROW@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 16 1995 - 22:07:44 EDT

Because this is not the kind of discussion this list was created for, I want
to make a very short statement. I do not think that any person has mastered
and influenced a field of study like Bultmann. 1921 A History of the
Synoptic Tradition; 1935 Theology of the NT; and before WWII Commentary on
John. Any of these works alone would be a lifetime achievement for a
respected scholar in the field and each demanded the attention of everyone in
the field.

Carlton Winbery
Prof. NT & Greek
LA College, Pineville, LA