Re: LXX Foundation

From: James M. Macleod (jmac@loc.gov)
Date: Fri Oct 27 1995 - 09:14:58 EDT

Hi, Dnaiel, and all:
On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Daniel Hedrick wrote:

> I asked a friend of mine who usually ministers to
> the Anti-Missionaries who are Jews attempting
> to thwart the work of Christian missionaries.

        This seems a bit tendentious. "Attempting to thwart"? Maybe they
have other motivations that are not quite so negative?

> He said the number one mistake that Christians make
> when speaking with Jews(scholars) is that the
> Christian will site some OT passage and the Jew
> will say that is not what the OT says. And so the
> Christian loses credibility immediately.

        I doubt that such Jews are likely to "say that is not what the OT
[=Old Testament] says." Perhaps they will say something about "the Bible"
[=for them, the Hebrew Scriptures] does not say thus and so.

Jim MacLeod jmac@loc.gov

My opinions are my own, not those of the Library of Congress.