Re: Rom. 7:14-25

From: LISATIA@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 01 1995 - 00:42:06 EST

dear David,
     Thanks for your explanation. The connection with 8.1 is important, as
you noted. I had forgotten that you meant CC to stand for "Church of
Christ"; somehow I was reading this as "continual cleansing". In a longer
exposition on the subject, I argued that Paul saw law as generating a
counter-law, hETERON NOMON "a different law" (7.23), and noted that both
7.5 and 7.7 imply that law in general, and in specifics, generates sin. For
Paul, this was a useful way to defend his abandonment of most, if not all,
of the Jewish law.

      richard arthur, Merrimack NH LISATIA@aol.com