Re: books on textual criticism

From: Nichael Lynn Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Thu Dec 14 1995 - 14:22:01 EST

At 7:34 AM 14/12/95, GLLang@aol.com wrote:
>I have been off the "air" for some time and I hope my following question
>isn't a recent repeat.
>
>I would like to know what books would be helpful in the area of N.T. textual
>criticism? Books other than Aland's "The Text of the N.T." and Metzger's
>"The Text of the N.T."
>
>Thank you. Appreciate the help!
>
>GLLang (Mark Langley)

Mark

Two wonderful recent volumes you might find useful are the collection of
essays by Eldon J. Epp and Gordon D. Fee, _Studies in the Theory and Method
of NT Textual Criticism_ and _The Text of the NT in Contemporary Research_
a Festschrift in honor of Metzger's 80th birthday edited by Bart D. Ehrman
and Michael Holmes (both books are published in Eerdmann's "Studies and
Documents" series).

Another book by Metzger that you might care to check out is his
_Manuscripts of the Greek Bible_.

Nichael "... and they opened their thesaurus
nichael@sover.net and brought forth gold,
http://www.sover.net/~nichael and frankincense and myrrh."