EGKRAZW?

From: Carlton Winbery (winberyc@popalex1.linknet.net)
Date: Mon Dec 18 1995 - 09:11:49 EST

In Acts 24:21 Paul said PERI MIAS TAUTHS FWNHS hHS _EKEKRAXA_ EN AUTOIS
"concerning this cry which _I cried out_ among them . . ." My question is
this. Could EKEKRAXA be from a verb spelled EGKRAZW instead of being an
irregular form of the verb KRAZW as it is given in BAGD, Thayer, Louw &
Nida, etc.? In the morphology (Brooks and Winbery, p. 425) we followed
BAGD and listed two forms of the 3rd principal part of KRAZW. Could this
not be a compound with the prep. EK added to the front of the verb without
changing its essential meaning, only intensifying it? I do not have L&S
here at home to check it, but does anyone know of any non-NT use of such a
word outside the 3rd pp.?

Calton L. Winbery
Prof. Religion
LA College, Pineville, La