Re: Biblical Greek Text

From: Steve Walton (steve.walton@nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 27 1996 - 14:50:04 EST

Stanley,

You might try Ian Macnair, _Discovering New Testament Greek_ (Marshall
Pickering, 1994 - there is a US publisher too, but I don't know which). We
use it as a textbook here to teach our first year Greek, often to students
with little knowledge of English grammar, and find it friendly and
accessible, but teaching people Greek grammar so that they can use critical
commentaries.

At 18:21 26/2/96, Stanley W. Bray wrote:
>I am part of a Biblical Hebrew Study Group. We just completed Biblical
>Hebrew by Kittel et al and are moving on to an intermediate level text.
>My question is, can you make a recommendation on a Biblical Greek text
>that takes a similar approach or would make a good beginning Greek
>textbook?

Regards,

Steve Walton