YHWH and JW's

From: DWILKINS@ucrac1.ucr.edu
Date: Fri Mar 15 1996 - 18:57:26 EST

I have argued the Rom 10 passage and related issues to YHWH before with
Jehovah's Witnesses, and I can at least say how they originally handled the
problem in the NW translation. They postulated so-called "J witnesses" as
though these were textual variants. Their explanation of these "variants"
was that one should simply use "Jehovah" in the NT anywhere that an OT verse
with "Jehovah" was being quoted. So Joel 2:32 could contain "Jehovah" when
cited by Paul, while Jesus is just "lord" (from kurios).
Don Wilkins