PROSKNUEO

From: tom atkinson (tomvason@usit.net)
Date: Thu Mar 28 1996 - 13:00:52 EST

Greetings!

I am new to this list but am enjoying what I have read thus far. Very
informative.
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a definition of the term
PROSKNUEO-"worship." Specifically, I am wondering about the etymology of
the word, how the word is used in the New Testament and what that entails
for us today. I have done my own research of the term, but would like to
hear fresh ideas from anyone on the list that could share it with me.

One other thing. I had a professor who defines this word as "to be filled
with emotions so overwhelming that it brings us to our knees in awe and
adoration." What would you say to this definition.

Thanks for any input you can offer,

Tom Atkinson
tomvason@usit.net