Re: Fwd: I DO NOT WANT YOUR JUNK MAIL

From: Barbara OCleirigh u 2>/dev/null (oxcl1058@mach1.wlu.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 11 1996 - 15:16:33 EDT

> Listers,
> If everyone feels this way, and you do not want some humor "once in a while",
> please let me know. Maybe we can find a nicer way to say things, since we do
> profess to be Christians
>
> Doug Jantz

Personally, I enjoy 'some humour "once in a while" ' regardless of
source, especially at the end of term. Anyone who has read C.S. Lewis on
Fun, Joy and the Joke (see Screwtape Letters) will recognize the sharing
of humour as an activity proper to Christians, and, I would add, true
scholars of whatever persuasion. It builds community, fosters friendship
and lightens hearts. Be consoled, D.J., and keep 'em coming.

Barbara O'Cleirigh
M.A. student, Religion and Culture
Wilfrid Laurier University
Waterloo, Ontario