Re: Greek Test. Versions

From: A K M Adam (F49ADAM@ptsmail.ptsem.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 18 1997 - 07:37:01 EDT

Ben--

If I hear your question aright, you're asking not only for an explanation of
the history of the NT text, but also for "a text which is most like the
greek written by the writers of the day."

On the chance that you mean "a text that physically resembles ancient Greek
versions," I'd point you to the facsimile edition of Codex Sinaiticus (I
don't have publication information, but it was mentioned recently on the
list & should be in the archives; or you could find it in the card catalogue
of your academic library).

Grace and peace,
A K M Adam
f49adam@ptsmail.ptsem.edu
Princeton Theological Seminary

"Fiction brings truth to history."--Walter Moseley