Re: Junia EN TOIS APOSTOLOIS (and Andronicus too)

From: Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 1997 - 09:52:13 EDT

At 08:21 AM 6/27/97 -0500, Troy de Jongh wrote:

>I have only skimmed through parts of the book, but there is a book
>available that contains many essays on the Greek of 1 Tim. 2:9-15.
>It's called: "Women In The Church: A Fresh Analysis of 1 Timothy 2:9-15"
>by Kostenberger, et al. editors (Baker Books, 1996, I believe)...

Is that Andreas J. Kšstenberger? If so, he is one of the people who was
seriously involved in the fight against gender-neutral language in the new
NIV translation.

>It'd be interesting to see how the BIG Greeks on this list feel about some
>of the arguments presented in that book regarding the Greek from 1 Tim. 2.
>Certainly at this point in time I'm way too much of a Little Little Greek to
>make a good judgement on the arguments they make regarding the Greek aside
>from evaluating the logic they use. Have any of you Big(ger) Greeks taken
>a peek at that book?

What are some of the things that he says? I'd be very interested in knowing.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703 http://www.poet.com