1 Cor 15:29-31

From: GentlJoe@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 09 1997 - 20:48:47 EDT

29. For then what will they do, those being spiritually identified beyond
those dead ones they were? If altogether dead ones are not being roused, why
are they even spiritually identified beyond those dead ones they were?
30. Why are we also in peril every hour?
31. Daily I die to sin, I assert by that celebrating among us. which I have
within Christ who is Jesus our Master.

Dear Mr. Conrad,
    I hope you don't mind my contacting you directly, but you advice has been
extremely helpful so far to me, and I seek your expert opinion again. I need
to ask you if you think translation of <huper> in verse 29 as beyond is
acceptable, even though followed by the genitive. Also, in verse 30 most
manuscripts translate as in your celebrating, but Robertson points out that
some Ethiopic manuscripts have us/our as opposed to your. Because it makes
perfect sense with the rest of the phrase is it thereby excluded following
the maxim that the most difficult reading is authentic? Thank you for your
time.
                                                     In Christ, Joseph
Garnier