Re: List FAQ (was: 3rd-person imperatives ...)

From: Ben Crick (ben.crick@argonet.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 17:31:34 EDT

On Wed 20 Aug 97 (06:24:21), cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu wrote:
> ... I think it should be noted that the so-called "Higher Criticism" is a
> subject outside the limits of discussion appropriate to B-Greek, while
> "Lower Criticism"--analysis and discussion of the MS traditions of the
> Biblical Greek text--is quite appropriate (I confess to having always
> felt somewhat disturbed by the designation of these two {often
> undisciplined} disciplines as "higher" and "lower" respectively--even
> as by Aristotle's designation of that philosophic realm farthest
> removed from us as "first philosophy"). There is a list concerned
> directly with textual criticism, but ...
[snip]

> Although the view I've expressed above is my own, I think I may safely say,
> as a member of the B-Greek Staff, that it represents that views of the
> B-Greek Staff and is consistent with the recently-issued revised B-Greek FAQ.

 Dear Carl,

 Thank you for your timely intervention. As you are a member of the B-Greek
 list staff, could you please post me a copy of the new revised B-Greek FAQ?
 I've never yet seen it, though I've been subscribed now for many weeks.

 I'll be only too pleased to comply.

--
 Revd Ben Crick, BA Bristol, 1963 (hons in Theology)
 <ben.crick@argonet.co.uk>