Re: Aramaic and inspiration

From: mjoseph (mjoseph@terminal.cz)
Date: Wed Sep 24 1997 - 17:03:13 EDT

>Andrew Kulikovsky wrote:

>> A better question is why the heck would you want to?

>And Jack Kilmon replied:
>
> Simply because the vox ipsissima Iesu was Aramaic and not Greek.

Thank you most kindly for resolving 100 years of scholarly debate by fiat.

>> The (incredibly well documented) canon of scripture we have is the
>> inspired
>> word of God not some theoretical reconstruction...
>
> Are you saying that was
>"inspired"moreso than the Aramaic speaking Jesus?

I believe that Mr. Kulikovsky is saying that the Greek-speaking Matthean
author (I refer to him as "Matthew") was more inspired than are some
"scholars," who in their infinite condescension take it upon themselves
to tell us what they would like us to believe that the Aramaic-speaking
Jesus said.

Mark Joseph

There are two kinds of fools:
The first says, "This is old, therefore it is good."
The other says, "This is new, therefore it is better."