Re: Simeon's spirit

From: Carlton Winbery (winberyc@popalex1.linknet.net)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 08:10:48 EST

Mark Joseph wrote;
>It is certainly OK not to believe in the deity of
>the Holy Spirit (and hence, in the Trinity) because one refuses to for
>various theological or political reasons, but it is quite another thing
>to say that the texts don't teach any such doctrine.

I think that the text of Luke 2 does not lead us to a defense of or an
attack on the doctrine of Trinity. I can't imagine any thing further to be
learned about this text by a continuation of this string. It would be more
appropriate to continue this discussion in private or on a list that
includes theology as one of its basic purposes. The same points are being
rehashed over and over. Can we just move on without anyone necessarily
getting in the last word.

Thanks,