Re: Beginner question (Mark 8:12)

From: George Athas (gathas@mail.usyd.edu.au)
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 16:52:28 EST

>>It is unclear from your message whether or not your suggestion is
>>speculation on your part. Do you have any kind of evidence from
sources
>>contemporaneous with Mark which indicate that that the oath was indeed

>>accompanied by a gesture?

I'm afraid I don't. However, the Prof who told me this seemed quite sure
of himself. I'm unsure if he had sources to back this up, but it would
not surprise me if there were none since it would only be a quick action
and only the text recorded. If only they had video back then...

Best regards,
George Athas (University of Sydney)
< gathas@mail.usyd.edu.au >

(Visit the Tel Dan & Bytyhwh Ostracon sites at)
(http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gathas/TelDan.htm)