Genesis and the LXX

From: Andrew Kulikovsky (anku@celsiustech.com.au)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 23:00:19 EST

Hi All!

I realise that the quality of the LXX translation of the Hebrew OT
varies substantially from book to book, so I was wondering how good and
accurate is the LXX translation of Genesis?

Does it accurately convey the Hebrew structure, idiom and rhetorical
features?

Is it overly literal? or very paraphrastic?

cheers,
Andrew

NB/ Those on the B-HEBREW list who wish to reply, could you please cc
the reply to my actual email address - I am not a member of the B-HEBREW

--
Andrew S. Kulikovsky B.App.Sc(Hons) MACS
Software Engineer

"There's no gene for the human spirit."