Re: POREUQEIS EKHRUXEN APEIQHSASIN in 1Peter3:19~20

From: CWestf5155 (CWestf5155@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 1998 - 09:09:09 EST

Dear Carl,

Thanks for your reply. It was helpful.

> Actually I don't know that I have been clear. I've been more concerned
> with what it seems to me the Greek is saying that in where the chips may
> fall in terms of a strange Christology in 1 Peter--I never have assumed
> that there's a fully uniform Christology in all NT documents anyway.

Well, me too. The theology doesn't make much difference to me, except if a
second chance at salvation is being offered to this group, it could be
challenging. Mostly, I see the difficulty in the passages apparent lack of
cohesion with the rest of the discourse (although in 2 Peter, there are
focuses on concerns like this more).

Cindy Westfall