AFIHMI vs CARIZOMAI

From: Dick Roberts (dickr@efn.org)
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 15:02:09 EST

New to the list and rusty to Greek:

I am trying to find distinctions (if any) between these two terms (AFIHMI and
CARIZOMAI) being translated as "forgive". I see forgiveness being somewhat
contingent upon repentance/confession. The question I have is whether the use of
CARIZOMAI as a term of forgiveness might indicate forgiveness apart from
repentance, being related to CARIS, grace. Thanks for any help. I did not note
any discussion of this in BGreek archives. I apologize if it has been discussed.

dick roberts
McKenzie Baptist Church
Vida, OR