Re: multiple ascensions

From: Nicholas Corduan (nickc@iquest.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 18:48:25 EST

George,

>The important point here is the use of the word GAR - "for". Jesus insists on
>not being clung to BECAUSE he has not ascended to his Father yet. The literal

GAR does not necessarily carry a causal meaning, though; it can serve as an
explanatory conjunction, as well. The difference is probably subtle, but
the way I'm always pictured it is "because" versus "being as." To
illustrate: "Stop touching me BECAUSE I have not yet ascended..." versus
"Stop touching me, BEING AS I have not yet ascended..."

Did that make sense?

Nick---

"There is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem."
        (Booker T. Washington)