nt humor.

From: Lavopc@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 16:06:39 EST

I usually monitor the discussion on the list but Jim west comments on nt humor
moved me to enter the doscussion.
Jim West's presupposition that there was an "historical Jesus " different from
the one we have recorded, and he is is lost to us because of the writers and
editors of the nt strikes me as funny .If not the Jesus of the scripture what
other Jesus do we have? and the doctrine of inspiration argues that the nt
gives accurate representation of that same individual. I don't want to start a
theological debate but i had to respond.

Rev. William Laverty
Associate Pastor
 Trinity Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Hatboro Pa.