Re: Jn.1:1b word order

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 12:46:29 EST

At 09:18 AM 2/10/98 -0800, lakr wrote:

>With this being the mindset of pre Christian Jews and first
>century Christians, why is it apparently a widely held belief
>that God has no "time" ?

I do not know whether this has any relevance to Greek thought or not, but
when I was studying medieval German literature about 20 years ago, I
remember reading a very early quote that said time is like a line - seen
from the side, it has length, but seen from the end it is merely a point,
and that point is contained wholly within God. This quote was in reference
to figural interpretation, or the interpretation of types.

Naturally, this is not an early Greek quote, it is medieval, and I can't
even remember the source.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com

Little Greek Home Page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine