Re: LXX quotations

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 04:49:58 EST

I made an error or two in my previous post. The statement:

Where as a total of 10%
disagreement between two manuscripts might qualify them to be members of the
same "family"

This is not a correct statement because when textual critics say that Aleph
and B agree X percentage of the time, what they mean is that X percentage of
the variants found in all NT manuscripts are in agreement in Aleph and B. So
the comparison is not one of total textual agreement but one of agreement in
the variants. Two manuscripts that only agreed 90% of the time across their
total text would not qualify as members of the same "family".

Have I got this right now?

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point