RE: politeia

From: Cooper Greg (CooperG@wsdot.wa.gov)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 10:55:26 EST

Your sentiments would be fine.......except.......even Jesus publicly
pointed out
the hypocrite, and, pointedly and publicly told individuals what, in
fact, they were.

You are correct, I believe, in pointing out that we ought not to
randomly and without
self inspection (my words) throw "stones." HOWEVER, you fail to point
out that an
individual who lies under oath is QUILTY, period. And, you fail to
mention that, publicly,
this same individual categorically denied having certain intimate
relations with a woman
then in the public spotlight. (And to make that situation even worse,
had their
minions PUBLICALLY throw "boulders" trying to trash the person!)

Surely, there must be GREEK vocabulary that we could discuss that gives
insight
into motives, actions, attitudes, etc., in this regard. (What exactly,
for example, is a
"viper," to use a KJV word? Or, a hypocrite?)

Respectfully,

Gregory Lee Cooper