Re: Rom 5:12 Death spread... because all sinned - How?

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 10:20:44 EST

At 8:13 AM -0500 3/4/98, Peter Phillips wrote:
>In this conversation, isn't it so pleasant to know that women are exempt
>from sin and death and all that since it only spread to men!!!

Well, if it hasn't already come into conscious consideration in this
context, I think it certainly should--that Adam and Christ here are almost
certainly being construed in terms of PRWTOS and DEUTEROS or ESCATOS
ANQRWPOS, i.e., not so much of individuals as individuals but of
individuals as types of humanity, so that, of course (I say "of course"
without any intention of provocation and hoping that this won't need to be
argued) is gender-inclusive.