The Word of God and Scripture

From: E.D. Cabanne (watrlike@quiknet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 00:29:33 EST

Is the phrase "the word of God" (with either logos or rhema) clearly and
unequivocally equated with "scripture" (graphe) anywhere in the Bible? I am
asking a strictly exegetical (distinguished from theological) question
here. My own findings indicate that this term is almost always distinct
from written scripture. I would be very interested in what everyone has to
say about this, and look forward to a discussion of scriptures that might
connect the two and further enlighten me.

                E.D. Cabanne