Phil 4:12

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 09:46:46 EST

Colleagues,

While researching Phil 4:12 I note that Paul uses the rare (for the NT a
hapax) verb <gr> meuw </gr>. So, I have translated the phrase, "I have been
initiated in all things (i.e., mysteries) and I know how to be filled and to
hunger...."

Now, my question, do others think that Paul here implies that he has been
dipping in the well of the mystery religions and has tasted a little water
from them all? I.e., has Paul tried them all and settled on Christianity?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Petros TN