Re: TLG Question

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 13:39:39 EST

At 11:26 AM -0600 3/25/98, Perry L. Stepp wrote:
>I have a technical TLG question. And I'm not certain I have enough
>information to even ask the question in a cogent (to say nothing of
>answerable) way. I'm a Windows person--I don't know much about these
>commie Mac's.
>
>At Baylor, we have the TLG set up on a server. The individual Mac's in the
>lab can access it through Hypercard and (I believe) Pandora, working
>together (?). Am I correct in thinking that I'm using these two programs
>together?
>
>I use TLG/Pandora/Hypercard to generate searches, which I export in .rtf
>files. I send these to MS-Word and print them out. But here's the
>problem: Pandora supports several fonts. The only one I have easy access
>to is Kadmos. It's *ugly* and hard to read--when I'm generating 100+ page
>searches, I need a font that I can read quickly and easily. Is it possible
>that I'm not using the font properly? Or is Kadmos just an ugly font?
>
>I know there are several other fonts that the program supports, but I don't
>know what they are or where to get them. Does anyone know?
>
>Has anyone found a way to generate *readable* printouts from the TLG?

You're probably using a bitmap Kadmos instead of a post-script version. A
better postscript version appeared three or four years ago and I converted
it into a TrueType format; I use it regularly and it prints beautifully.
It's put out by Allotype which is now in Ypsilanti, MI; they have a web
site at:

        http://www.mich.com/~allotype/

In addition to Kadmos, they also have another very nice Greek font called
Bosporus.

Carl W. Conrad