Re: B-GREEK SHAREWARE AND FREEWARE

From: MikeBzley (MikeBzley@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 29 1998 - 10:00:01 EST

In a message dated 28/03/98 16:57:00 GMT, Clayton writes:

<< I was wondering if you are using E. Tov's MT/LXX database and if so what
kind of tools you are using to view the data. Could you explain to A Mac
user how you are makeing use of MT/LXX on your Windows platform? I would be
grateful for any information you might be willing to share about this. Thank
you, >>

The University of Pennsylvania database seems to be based on E Tov's work.
The main problem with it is that the transliteration scheme is different from
that of the Sword Searcher TR versions and the Sword Project UBS GNT.
Converting the letters would be possible, but I haven't worked out how to
convert the LXX text without corrupting the parallel MT text.

I downloaded the database as a text file and have been cutting and pasting it
a bit at a time, which is very laborious. The one advantage of doing it this
way is that it gives me the chance to review each verse as I copy it. I tried
converting the text file back into a database file, but without success, so
treating it as a text file seems to be the only option.

I am sure that more computer literate b-greekers will be better able to
assist. I am afraid I am rather a hODHGOS TUFLOS as far as computers are
concerned.

CARIS, ELEOS, EIRHNH APO QEOU PATROS KAI CRISTOU IHSOU

Mike Beazley

Bushey, Hertfordshire, UK