Re: How Long to Learn K. Greek?

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 11:06:41 EDT

I suppose I ought to respond to my own question. I am not "gifted" at
languages. The only class I outright flunked in high school was German. I
hated languages so much that when I attended seminary I enrolled in an MA
program in Theology to avoid the subject.

Years later, after dabbling in linguistics for some time I started looking at
Goetchius "Language of the NT" for some problems to solve in a foreign
language. I kept dabbling in Goetchius for about a year before I actually
purchased a GNT. Now 12 years later I am still a dabbler.

I still think 10 years is a good number.

Obviously there are people like Carl and Edward, or perhaps Bruce Waltke who
can just learn a new language in six months. Most of us cannot do this however.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point