Re: 1 Cor 14:27--number agreement

From: David L. Moore (dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 09:25:40 EDT

At 07:13 AM 6/24/98 EDT, you wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:37:02 -0400 "Carl W. Conrad"
><cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu> writes:
>
>[snipped]
>
>>LOGOUS really ought to be spelled out if it were
>>intended
>>to be understood with DUO H TREIS.
>
>That was my basic point. But the person I was discussing this with
>seemed to think that the number agreement reverses the burden, since only
>an implication of the object would allow them to disagree.

        To respond to both Trevor's post to me and this one as well: IMO, Carl is
correct in maintaining that "LOGOUS should be spelled out if it were
intended to be understood with DUO H TREIS." If this referred to *words*,
why would we have the additional admonition KAI ANA MEROS? This latter
phrase is certainly in reference to the members of the congregation who are
speaking. And words are always spoken ANA MEROS :-)

David Moore

David L. Moore
Miami, Florida, USA
E-mail: dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com