Re: new student with old questions

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jun 26 1998 - 17:46:33 EDT

One of the McKays wrote:

> G'day Tom.
> I like BibleWorks for Windows. You can find out about it at
> http://www.bibleworks.com
> It is not available for Macintosh [hence the title]
> It has heaps of helps, fonts, Old and New Testament in several Greek and
> Hebrew versions, numerous Bible versions in about 10 different languages
> [including Spanish] and has been very helpful to me.
>
> But it is not cheap. I think it costs about $395 new.

David,

I beg to differ. BibleWorks is cheap. $195.95 at the following web site:

http://www.wordmicro.com/picbwks.htm

Now compare that to the roughly $1700-$2000** for a fully unlocked Accordance
CD and you will see that BibleWorks is an order of magnitude cheaper. The two
products are far from identical but BibleWorks is an inexpensive system and a
good one from what I have been told. However, I'll stick with Accordance since
I don't do windows.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

**No one realy knows what Accordance actually costs. I gave the price sheet to an old friend of mine who does operations research (very advanced math) and he built a price model for Accordance and then tried to come up with the actual price of 12 different configurations. He ran the job over night on one of the older CRAY's but when he arrived for work the next day it was still runing so he had to abort it. So we still don't have an answer to the question what does Accordance actually cost.