Re: Clement & Polycarp

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 12 1998 - 09:16:43 EDT

At 11:23 AM -0400 6/08/98, dbielby@juno.com wrote:
>This is a longstanding desire and request I've had. Please feel free to
>forward this request to anyone you feel could assist me. Thanks for your
>help.
>
>I'm looking for someone who's working on translation of Clement &
>Polycarp and other "Apostolic Fathers" works. I'm interested in parsing
>data and a fresh "dynamic equivalence" style translation. If you are
>aware of anyone working on this type of a project, I would like to
>communicate with them.
>
>I'm also interested in anyone who's working on a "literal" translation of
>these works.
>
>I would be interested in taking some of my Greek students into this era
>of Greek material.

David, this has been sitting in my in-box for a couple days because I had
no immediate response to it; I'm forwarding it to b-greek because I think
you may find one or more persons giving you some useful feedback there.

Regards, Carl

Carl W. Conrad
cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu

b-greek home page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek