Re: KJV on "which"

From: HoLogos@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 15:56:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/98 4:00:48 AM, it was written:

<< PATER hHMWN, hO EN TOIS OURANOIS >>

Yes, I know this is attributive. And that the words "which" or "who" are not
necessary.

Yet sometimes I still prefer the "which" to the "who." Perhaps not in this
particular passage, but take the passage

   hO PATHR hUMWN hO EN TOIS OURANOIS

in Matthew 7:11 that compares our two fathers, the one on earth and the one in
heaven. If our father on earth knows how to give us good gifts, how much more
"the one in heaven"? How much more the father "which" is in heaven? For a
father is also a thing. Everything is a thing some time. Or everything
wouldn't be encompassed by the word "everything."

HoLogos@aol.com (David Palmer)

---
b-greek home page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek