Re: Lifestyle Present?

From: dalmatia@eburg.com
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 12:58:24 EDT

Steve Amato wrote:

> I was wondering if the "Customary (Habitual or General) Present" might be
> more appropriately thought of as a "Lifestyle Present".

The major difficulty I have with this term is that is seems trendy and
politicised. Had it been introduced, say, in 1898, it might have been
ok, but with the whole polemical arena currently in vogue of the
competing agendas of the 'lifestyles' of Christians versus
homosexuals, it just seems too loaded with current cultural baggage to
be viable in original meaning.

George

Lisa Messmer..................ICQ# 5666415
George Blaisdell        dalmatia@eburg.com

Have you seen Dulcie? Look for her Heart! http://www.eburg.com/~dalmatia/dulcie.html

Last Chance for Animals...Fight Pet Theft! http://www.lcanimal.org