Re: Online critical text of the Greek NT?

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@mailhost.chi.ameritech.net)
Date: Fri Aug 21 1998 - 22:19:26 EDT

Jim West wrote:

> At 05:01 PM 8/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >Is there any resource on the Internet that provides a critical analysis of
> every variant text found in the Greek NT? Or is there any book that does?
> >
> >Kyle Dillon
>
> A book which discusses every variant? Not that I have ever seen (or really
> even can imagine). Such an undertaking would consume multiple volumes.
>
> There is, however, a brief discussion of major variants in Bruce Metzger's
> "A Textual Commentary ont eh Greek new Testament" (UBS).
>
> This would be an excellent place to begin.

Jim and Kyle,

At last year's SBL I saw the first few books (on GMattthew, GMark, and
GLuke) in a projected series in which just what Kyle is looking for is
being done. For instance, Mark was laid out verse by verse according to
(I think) NA27 with each of the texts of the major witnesses for that
verse set out fully beneath it. But I've misplaced the flyer which
describes the project and notes the publisher and author!!!

As soon as I can lay my hands on it, I'll post the relevant information.

Yours,

Jeffrey

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson