Re: The Adverbial EUQUS in Mark 1:21

From: GregStffrd@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 17:36:29 EDT

steve@allegrographics.com writes:

<<
 Another idea, stylistically speaking, the LXX Psalms uses EUQUS frequently
 for "upright" or "righteous" ie. "going the straight way" maybe Mark is
 doing something similar to his frequent use of hO ODOS. A subtle stylistic
 reminder that everything Jesus did was right.

Your observation has to do with the use of EUQUS as an adjective. My question
has to do with the adverbial use. But thank you for your comments!

I am checking the past discussions in the archives before commenting further
on this subject.

Greg Stafford