Language learning software?

From: Ken Penner (kpenner@pop.interchange.ubc.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 21:41:30 EDT

I have a question for those in the know about current Greek and Hebrew
language learning software.

My supervisor, Dr. Dave Diewert at Regent College, asked me to propose a
computer package (hardware and software, with cost) for a Greek and Hebrew
learning centre. I'd like to make sure I'm aware of all the software options
available.

He's looking at aWindows PC with colour, sound, CD, and enough power to run
whatever software is decided on. The software should include something like
the Old World Hebrew Learning System and Greek Tutor, vocabulary software
(e.g. Flashworks or Memcards or Flash! Lite), and Bible search software (like
Gramcord).

What do you experts think? What should I add or subtract, and which programs
specifically do you recommend? The textbooks he uses are Mounce for
Greek and Seow for Hebrew.