Re: Lexicons and calling for advice for new students

From: Theodore H. Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Sat Dec 05 1998 - 08:19:03 EST

Joey and Greg Kilbrai:

   I now mainly use a computer program, but I made great use of a work
entitled "The Analytical Greek Lexicon." (Zondervan) I don't know if it
is still in print, but you can probably locate it through CBD, or similar
organizations. My copy was released in 1973. I have not seen the Mounce
volume you mentioned, but that sounds good, too.
  My main reason for dropping you this note is Greg's reference to
memorizing pardigms. There are FIFTY-PLUS paradigms to submit to memory.
 May I suggest that you examine Mounce's "Basics of Biblical Greek"? He
proposes systems for remembering case endings and verb constructions
which greatly reduces the burden on the brain. I think you will find it
helpful.
  God bless.

Theodore "Ted" H. Mann
thmann@juno.com