Re: BAGD Lexicon & BDF Grammar

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 12:01:01 EST

At 11:24 AM -0800 12/11/98, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
>Paul Sue wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can't remember where I read this, but can anyone
>> confirm that Bauer's lexicon and Blass-Debrunner's
>> Grammar are both in the process of being revised?
>>
>> Does anyone have any publication dates?
>>
>Paul
>Don't know anything about a revision of BDF Grammar but F. Danker told
>me personally at SBL that the latest ed. of BAGD is to be looked for in
>June of 1999.

Micheal Palmer is the one to respond more precisely to the other half of
the question, but I can tell you that Micheal is a member of a team headed
up by Daryl Schmidt to write a new grammar for Hellenistic Greek and early
Christian Literature--one that, assuming it is successful, would probably
supplant BDF. There are some resources related to the project on his
bibliography page:

        http://home.earthlink.net/~mwpalmer/bibliographies/

Several materials related to the project have in the past been available at

        http://www.entmp.org/HGrk/

but those pages are currently under restructuring by James Tauber at his
site in Perth, Australia.

I don't know whether Micheal can say anything more or not, but I hope so,
since this is clearly a matter of interest and of major importance to all
of us who care at all about the Greek Bible.

Carl W. Conrad