Re: Future of EIMI - middle?

From: Trevor M Peterson (spedrson@juno.com)
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 19:12:07 EST

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:11:04 -0600 "Carl W. Conrad"
<cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu> writes:

[snipped]

>This accords well with the argument I've propounded here previously
>that
>the Middle voice in itself has nothing to do with transitivity, that
>there
>are numerous "intransitive" verbs, particularly verbs of motion, that
>have
>middle-voice forms, and that the fundamental notion involved in
>middle-voice forms is the involvement of the verb's subject in the
>verbal
>expression.

That reminds me--any chance that we'll see the more in-depth discussion
on the middle voice that you've been promising, sometime before the
year's out? It would make a great Christmas gift!

Trevor Peterson
Bible/Theology Department
Washington Bible College
Lanham, MD

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]