LXX and Book of Common Prayer's Psalter

From: Norman Swift (nswift@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 00:43:01 EST

Mark Goodacre has kindly suggested the following query may not be too
far off subject and suggested I post it: The Psalter in the Book of
Common Prayer is ostensibly a revised English translation (original
possibly by Miles Coverdale) of a Latin translation of the Greek LXX.
Can someone confirm this or steer me in the right direction for
documentation, especially as to versions? I'd appreciate it. Many
thanks for the many helpful posts that have greatly edified this novice
Graecist.

Off list replies at your discretion.

EFM, Bethesda-by-the-Sea
Palm Beach, FL