Re: 1 Cor 13:6 SUNCAIREI DE THi ALHQEIAI

From: Joseph Garnier (mre2me@ccountry.net)
Date: Sat Jan 16 1999 - 19:20:45 EST

Thank you for allowing me to join the club, and I wish to comment on this
message. Jonathan spoke of personifying truth, but personification is
maybe a stretch. To my limited understanding, founded on the use of the
article, truth is a definite and fixed quantity. The abstraction truth was
not used by these ancient writer because they had no need for it. This
truth, therefore, is a fixed and identifiable (mayber only by its results)
ethereal substance. The truth is narrow and defined (by the law) while
unrighteousness/injustice is deviation from the truth and is only defined
as it pertains to truth as its antithesis. My unconventional and
self-taught mind perceives 1 Corinthians 13: 6 to say:

6It does not salute by injustice, but salutes alongside with the truth

               By the patience of Jesus who is God's Anointed One,
                                           Joseph Garnier
                                     http://www.ccountry.net/~mre2me