Re: arsenokoite ( 1 corinthians 6:9 ) vs. arseno and koite in Leviticus

From: jtownsle@iupui.edu
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 17:16:59 EST

> My question is: Is there a definitive translation of the Greek word
> "arsenokoite" used by Paul in 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10?

I have a bibliography on exegetical and theologial articles on
homosexuality, which includes several articles on arsenokoite at:
http://php.iupui.edu/~jtownsle/gay/gaybib.html#bible

Some of the best ones to look at for this issue (from both "sides" of this
issue") are the articles by Malick, Martin, Petersen and Wright. They all
discuss primarily arsenokoite.

I have my own analysis of arsenokoite at:
http://php.iupui.edu/~jtownsle/gay.html#arsenos
--and--
http://php.iupui.edu/~jtownsle/gay.html#Add3

Blessings!!