Philadelphia relative to Agape

From: David A Bielby I (dbielby@juno.com)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 00:55:25 EST

I have a further question. 2 Peter 1:7 shows a relationship between
Philadelphia and Agape. Can this agape be construed to include 'agape
feasts' or love feast? What is the etymology of the word agape and does
that correlate here? Also, do you agree that Peter is following the Greek
Philosophical pattern of demonstrating the way to perfection--showing a
sequence or recipe for ethical perfection?
The heart of my concern is precise meaning of agape in this verse...2
Peter 1:7.

Thanks for your help.

David Bielby I
Pastor Vineyard Christian Fellowship Bloomington, Illinois USA
dbielby@juno.com