RE: Interlinear

From: Bill Ross (wross@farmerstel.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 07:31:59 EST

{David}
>What can it do except translate nouns with a standard genitive or dative
English construction, or give a textbook
English rendering of the verbal forms? It cannot tell you about all the
nuances of Greek grammar, or all the possible ways that such words and
constructions can be rendered in English.

{Bill}
I have something called "The Complete Biblical Library" which I highly
recommend (it runs about $300 I think) and it has:

* an interlinear with the mood, tense, voice for each word
* a textual apparatus with alternate reading and which manuscripts
* a complete analytical dictionary, showing how the Greek word was used in
Classical, Septuagint, Intertestament and in the NT
* running commentary
* book overviews on every book
* a harmony of the Gospels

I've found it extremely useful. It is also handsomely bound in 16 volumes.