Porphyry

From: Kevin L. Barney (klbarney@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 20:10:49 EST

The question was asked how one can find info on church fathers. Here are
some web resources you may find helpful:

Wheaton College has the 38-volume series The Ante-Nicene Fathers and The
Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers on-line. The url is

http://ccel.wheaton.edu/fathers2/

This is part of the Christian Classics Ethereal Library, which has lots of
other good stuff (Aquinas, Anselm, and many, many more). The general url
is

http://ccel.wheaton.edu

You can also do a search of the early church fathers at this site:

http://www.earlychurch.com/study/search.html

I did a quick search on the name Porphyry and found numerous references at
the touch of a button.

This stuff is all in English, not Greek/Latin, but I think it will be
awhile before we see J.P. Migne's Patrilogiae series on the web, so this
will have to do for now.

Enjoy

Kevin L. Barney
Hoffman Estates, Illinois